Fallout 4 Simple Fetch Quest Tutorial Chapter 10: Quest Accept
|Fallout 4 Simple Fetch Quest Tutorial Chapter 10: Quest Accept|
|Fallout 4 Scripting Quest Tutorial Series, Chapter 10: Quest Accept|
|Return to Tutorial Hub|
|Previous Tutorial||Next Tutorial|
Note: This tutorial is written in Action-Reaction style — Headers are the action you have to do, and the pictures that follow depict the reaction (or result) of the Creation Kit.
- 1 Start up the GECK by running the Bethesda.Net Launcher
- 2 Double-Click the NPC Custom text corresponding to the player agreeing
- 3 Check the radio button Set parent quest stage
- 4 Click OK
- 5 Click the Quest Stages tab
- 6 Right-Click over Log-Entry
- 7 Select New
- 8 Click on the Quest Objectives tab
- 9 Click the OK button
- 10 Startup Fallout 4
- 11 Agree and wait for the dialog to finish
- 12 Wait
- 13 Wait some more
Start up the GECK by running the Bethesda.Net Launcher
- Open up your Mod (as in Tutorial 3)
- Bring up your Quest
- Click on the Scenes tab
Note: I skipped a lot of steps, but by now you should know how to bring up your quest.
Double-Click the NPC Custom text corresponding to the player agreeing
In our example this is: Thank you so much!
Note: Custom might not show up for you
- Select the retrieve quest stage # (20)
Note that in brackets near the NPC response is QE20, which means ending the dialog will set the quest stage to 20.
Now we have to add code to set the objective displayed to the accept objective (20).
Note: I purposely made Quest Stage #s and Quest Objective #s match. They don’t have to. The numbering is up to you. But this way it’seasier to remember.
Click the Quest Stages tab
- Click on the quest agreement index (20)
Right-Click over Log-Entry
- Add a Log Entry
- Add a Designer Note
- Add Code to Display the Accept Objective
- Click the Compile button
Will display Retrieve Object for Ash to the player
Click on the Quest Objectives tab
Note: Objective 20 has the Display Text: Retrieve Object for Ash
This will be displayed once the user accepts the quest.
- Then save your progress by going clicking; File > Save
Startup Fallout 4
- Talk to Ash
Note: Since you quit out you’ll see all the Start Quest dialog. I “fast-forwarded” to the talk dialog.
Agree and wait for the dialog to finish
Wait some more
Then the game should display the message: Retrieve Object for Ash (Objective 20 text). Then you’re ready to retrieve the object (Teddy bear).
Important! Don’t forget to close Fallout 4t (Alt-F4) otherwise Fallout 4 will remember your quest progress and make it hard for you to debug.