- Normal: - The Actor is not aware of a target.
- Alert: - The Actor is searching for a target.
- Combat: - The Actor has detected a target and is in combat with them.
- Lost: - The Actor can no longer detect a target they were in combat with, and has gone back to searching.
For each combat group, after a line of Detection Dialogue is spoken, a random time between fCombatDetectionDialogueIdleMinElapsedTime and fCombatDetectionDialogueIdleMaxElapsedTime must elapse before another Detection Idle line will be spoken.
Detection Dialogue Subtypes
Detection Dialogue has the following subtypes:
- AlertIdle: Said periodically while a combat group is searching for a target they have never detected before.
- LostIdle: Said periodically while a combat group is searching for a target they have detected before, but have lost.
- NormalToAlert: Said when an NPC begins to search for a target (they have begun to notice the target, but cannot detect them yet).
- AlertToCombat: Said when an NPC who is searching detects the target they want to attack and initiates combat.
- NormalToCombat: Said when an NPC notices a target without having to search for them, or enters combat with a target they did not want to attack until they were attacked first.
- AlertToNormal: Said when an NPC who is searching for a target gives up their search.
- CombatToNormal: Said when an NPC can no longer detect a target they were fighting but is not going to search for them.
- CombatToLost: Said when an NPC can no longer detect a target they were fighting and is now going to search for them.
- LostToNormal: Said when an NPC is searching for a target they were previously attacking and is now giving up the search.
- LostToCombat: Said when an NPC is searching for a target they were previously attacking, detects the target, and resumes combat.
- DetectFriendDie: Said when an NPC detects that a nearby Friendly or Allied character has suddenly died.