Cast - Scroll
From Creation Kit
Member of: Scroll Script
Casts this scroll from the specified object reference, optionally toward a target object reference.
Function Cast(ObjectReference akSource, ObjectReference akTarget = None) native
- akSource: The ObjectReference from which to cast the scroll. The source must be able to cast this scroll (testings seem to show anything will work, regardless whether they have the scroll or not).
- akTarget: An optional ObjectReference at which to aim the spell. If None is passed and the scroll needs a direction, it will be aimed in a default direction.
- Default: None
; Cast the fireball scroll from the wizard Fireball.Cast(Wizard)
; Cast the fireball scroll from the wizard at the victim Fireball.Cast(Wizard, Victim)
- This function casts the scroll instantaneously. This is mainly desirable only for non-actors, because it will not animate an actor. For instance, the spell will be cast even if the actor's hands are not readied.
- If you wish to make an actor cast a scroll using all the normal spellcasting behaviors, please instead use an AI package that includes the UseMagic procedure.
- Actor races can be set to cast magic only in the direction that the actor is facing. if the source is an actor with this racial setting, the target parameter will be ignored.
- It seems that using this function on an actor that doesn't have the scroll will work. To add, it will also work on Objects, such as a rock.