Cast - Spell
From Creation Kit
Member of: Spell Script
Casts this spell from the specified object reference, optionally toward a target object reference.
Function Cast(ObjectReference akSource, ObjectReference akTarget = None) native
- akSource: The ObjectReference from which to cast the spell. The source must be able to cast this spell.
- akTarget: An optional ObjectReference at which to aim the spell. If None is passed and the spell needs a direction, it will be aimed in a default direction.
- Default: None
- This function casts the spell instantaneously. This is mainly desirable only for non-actors, because it will not animate an actor. For instance, the spell will be cast even if the actor's hands are not readied.
- If you wish to make an actor cast a spell using all the normal spellcasting behaviors, please instead use an AI package that includes the UseMagic procedure.
- Actor races can be set to cast magic only in the direction that the actor is facing; if the source is an actor with this racial setting, the target will be ignored.