AttachModToInventoryItem - ObjectReference
Member of: ObjectReference Script
Attach a mod to an item in this object's inventory.
bool Function AttachModToInventoryItem(Form akItem, ObjectMod akMod) native
- akItem: a base form of the item we want to modify
- akMod: a base form of the mod we want to add/attach to akItem
True if it successfully attached the mod, false otherwise. Note that this is only going to check that the mod found an attach point to attach to; it will not check what type of mod it is or if it replaced another mod already on the item.
; attach a new arm armor mod to Bob's power armor BobRef.AttachModToInventoryItem(PowerArmorObject, PowerArmorRightArmMod)
- This doesn't do much error checking, so if you try to attach a mod to an item that already has the mod, it may silently fail
- Currently there is a bug if you do this to an actor in combat; they will end up having no weapons drawn and won't attempt to draw any unless forced to do so.
- Currently this function causes the object to reload its entire 3d if they had the item equipped that you modified. This might look strange if the player is watching.
- This function currently won't work if the object it is called on has more than one of the item you request to modify.