From Creation Kit
Revision as of 2011-11-11T14:27:23 by Scornett-Bot
Disables the calling object.
- Disabled objects are effectively 'turned off':
- If loaded, their 3D unloads.
- Disabled objects have no collision.
- Disabled objects do not process most events (like OnTriggerEnter). They otherwise run scripts as usual.
- Disabled objects cannot be forced to activate objects via a scripted Activate function.
- Disabled Actors do not process their AI.
- Disabled objects have not been Deleted. They are not removed from the game, they just don't render. Do not rely on Disable to prevent savegame bloat by removing objects.
- The Disable call will fail if the object has an EnableParent. Objects with EnableParents can never be enabled or disabled through script.
- The "FadeIn" parameter does not affect the Enable Children of a parent. The Enable Children will still pop out when disabled.
- So, in order to have all of the references fade out instead of pop you will need to call "Disable 1" on all of them individually.
- Disabling the object on which a spell is active during the ScriptEffectStart block causes unpredictable behavior in the later spell blocks.