A TextureSet object represents a collection of texture files (.DDS files).
- ID: The form's Editor ID.
- Texture List: For each of the Maps in the list, a texture can be added by selecting the row and browsing for a new file by clicking the Edit button, below.
- Texture: The path to the currently selected texture in the Texture List. Click the Edit button to browse for a new texture.
- Has Specular Map: Whether this texture set uses a Specular Map.
- Has Model Space Normal Map: Whether this texture's Normal Map uses model space.
- Decal Data: Additional properties if this texture set can be used as a decal. Only texture sets with this checked will function as decals.
- Min Width: Minimum width of decal.
- Max Width: Maximum width of decal.
- Min Height: Minimum height of decal.
- Max Height: Maximum height of decal.
Note: Keep height and width values the same unless you want non square decals.
- Color: Multiplies the texture by the selected color.
- Depth: How far from the point of impact the decal renders.
- Shininess: Sets the specular exponent
- Alpha: Sets the decal to alpha test, blend, or a combination of the two.
- Parallax: If checked, will use more enhanced map for shader faked depth effects using a heightmap.
- Scale: How deep the parallax depth will appear.
- Passes: Number of samples used to create the fake depth.
Note: More passes looks better but is slower to render.
- 4 Subtextures: If checked, decals will randomly display one of four sub textures on your texture sheet.
To use a TextureSet as a decal, simply drag one from the Object Window to the Render View. The direction of the arrow indicates where the texture will project. This is commonly used to apply blood decals in a scene.
TextureSet can also be used to apply textures to a nif without needing to edit texture paths within the nif itself. This is useful if your mod will have many color variations on the same model. For any object type (Armor, Static, etc) click Edit in the Model field to bring up the Model Data window. Double-click on any entry in the list to select a TextureSet form for that portion of the model.